Welcome to "Mississippi Reads"

Welcome to the place for celebrating Mississippi authors and those within the Magnolia State who support them and other great books. Conversations Book Club is excited to provide this resource that covers all genres and backgrounds of Mississippi talent. Also look for those who we bring to the state to introduce their work to readers.

In-person meetings for "Mississippi Reads" take place at Appetizers Restaurant (3000 Hwy 80 E) in Pearl, MS. For more information contact Cyrus Webb at cawebb4@juno.com or 601.896.5616. (Twitter Hastag #MSReads)

Welcome to "Mississippi Reads"

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Mississippi Author Jerome Cooper Shares Message Of A DUAL BLESSING


by Cyrus Webb (April 2011)

Macon, Mississippi native Jerome Cooper has alot to be thankful for. After going through challenges in his life he has found real purpose and is using his relationship with God to make a difference. In January 2011 the 36 year old released his book A DUAL BLESSING: Body and Success.

He talks about how his faith has affected the way he lives and what he hopes you, the reader, takes away from his message.


Jerome, thank you for talking with Conversations. First congratulations on the release of your book. Let's begin by talking about Faith. What role has it played in your life?
Thank you having me, Cyrus. To answer your question, faith has played a major role in my life. I really have had to take one day at a time and just be totally dependent on God that everything would come into fruition, even though there were alot of obstacles in my way. I have to keep everything in a present tense.

What age did you realize what faith actually was?
I don't think it was until my mid-twenties until I actually began to get an understanding of what faith really was. It was when I was almost kicked out of school. I was going through alot at the time, including my dad's grandmother passing. During that particular time my grades went downhill. I know it was faith in God that allowed me to continue for financial aid to get my grade point average up in order to get off of probation.

Talk to me about the book.
It's called A DUAL BLESSING: BODY AND SUCCESS, and it was released in Jan. 2011. It has always been a desire of mine to write a book. I have been trying to put together a book for over 7 years. I started off and on, and actually about a year ago I got disciplined with the help of prayer to put together a manuscript with different revelations that God has shown me due to my relationship with Him.

What do you want people to take away from DUAL BLESSINGS?
I want people to be blessed from reading the book. I want them to be affected by the book. I believe if a person is affected it would bring about change.

Your hard work definitely has paid off, Jerome. How can people get their copy of the book or contact you for more information?
Thanks again for the opportunity. They can get the book through online outlets like Amazon.com, Borders.com and my publisher website www.publishamerica.com. They can also contact me by email at cjerome31@yahoo.com to get a signed copy. I can also be reached at 601.316.3843. The website for the book is coming, but in the meantime, people can also join my fanpage on Facebook under either Jerome Cooper or Dual Blessing.

Listen to Jerome Cooper discuss his book on Conversations LIVE here.

No comments:

Post a Comment